Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sunday Stamps # 51

The last Sunday Stamps of the old year - first Sunday Stamps of the new year. My suggested theme was new beginnings, or anything you wish. When have I ever seen a stamp with 'beginnings' as a theme? What was I thinking of? So my 'anything you wish' stamp is a winter one:

from our friend in philately, Finland.  I like this colorful and evocative image of snow on rooftops.  No snow here in the Midwest of the USA though.

It's a holiday but I hope you can join us with a stamp of anything you wish.

Theme next week will be anything you wish also, until I can get my planning for the year somewhat done!

Viridian

8 comments:

VioletSky said...

Happy New Year!
No snow here in Ontario either - it is raining and warm, though. Feels almost like spring. (another time of new beginnings!)

Postcardy said...

I think we are getting snow by tomorrow.

You did suggest a New Years theme, so that's what I have.

Bob Scotney said...

Very mild in the UK, not at all like last winter. 2011 has been the second warmest year since records began.
Warmest wishes to you for the New Year. Thanks for your sterling work in being our host for Sunday Stamps.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I did eventually find a "new beginnings" stamp, but not until I'd already prepared something else.

Your 2012 will have started by now so I feel safe in wishing a very happy New Year to you and your family.

I'm married to a Scot and they frown on New Year's wishes before the event. The frowning must have started before the days of the internet and instant communication between time zones.

Joy said...

I love snow over the holiday time so this Finland stamp is a perfect evocation. Too warm for it here at the moment, it has even disappeared from the mountain tops. My Finnish friend tells me that they have had a lot of rain so perhaps no snowy roofs there at the moment either.
Wishing you a happy new year.

Lisa B said...

Happy New Year to you and your family and thanks for hosting Sunday Stamps.
I always find myself saying how much I like the Finnish stamps and that is true again.
Very mild here in the UK, though there may be some frost and ice tomorrow morning.

GadgetSponge.com said...

Great stamp! I like the illustration style and all the colors. Thanks for hosting again!

Dorincard said...

Nice stamp;looks like a really crowded city...:)
Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails