Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sunday Stamps #80

Goodness we are up to week #80! Not too soon to be thinking about week # 100....

Our theme this week:  stamps for the Olympics (this year or previous years), or featuring a sporting activity. The Games are almost upon us!  Olympic stamps, showing the 5 rings, are harder to find that I initially thought, so please feel free to share a sports stamp.  I was saved by a recent card from a Russian Postcrosser.


I cannot read the Cyrillic characters, but I'll guess that this stamp commemorates 100 years of the Russian Olympic Committee.  I could be wrong I guess.  It does show the 5 rings of the Olympics.

Join me this Sunday in some sporting activity - or at least anticipating the opening ceremonies.  I hear London will be busier and more crowded than usual.  If that is possible.

Edited to add: theme for next week: Anything you wish.

Viridian

9 comments:

Dănuţ Ivănescu said...

You're right, the stamp commemorates 100 years of the Russian Olympic Committee.

VioletSky said...

good guess - though that 2011 is a bit confusing, not being an Olympic year.

do we have a theme for next week?

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

London is somewhere to be avoided this summer, as far as I'm concerned. Mind you I was there the day after the Royal Wedding last year and was surprised it was reasonably quiet. Nevertheless I won't be risking it again.

Marcie said...

I like that the flag is looking like the Olympic flame :)

Sreisaat said...

I have several Olympic-related stamps but chose this "futuristic" stamp which was sent very recently by a Postcrosser from Russia.


Postcards Crossing

Helen said...

Great theme, once again. There are so many Olympic stamps out there, just choosing was the hard part!

Joy said...

Its an all action stamp, I like the number of sports they have managed to portrayed on a small space.

Bob Scotney said...

The 2011 date confused me too. I had to go shopping again as I had used all my Olympic stamps before.

Aimee Dars said...

What a cool stamp!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails