Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sunday Stamps #126

My goodness I am exhausted tonight!!

The family and I are back from a long 11 day trip out to the western USA: Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and points in-between, and lots of driving, and several troubles with air travel. But, we are home now and it is time for Sunday Stamps.


Our theme this week is:
Churches, castles, and fortifications.

The following stamp came to me on a Postcrossing postcard from the Ukraine.

 
I must say, these don't look like the kinds of fortifications one would find in Ukraine, but in the Middle East.  I am happy to be wrong however, if you know anything about this stamp or this place.
 
As I said, I am tired and can't really think of a theme for next week.  Let's have the theme be open next week, and I will ask for any suggestions you may have for future themes for Sunday Stamps.
 
Viridian
 
 

6 comments:

agi said...

i also wouldnt have guessed this stamp is from ukraine...quite awesome. hope you have many great memories from the trip too, would love to visit those places one day!

Joy said...

They are interesting fortifications. Troubles and air travel seem to go together.

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

Nice Stamps! I would love to see Underwater Animals or Sea Creatures in the future themes. :)

Willa @ The Postage Journal

VioletSky said...

I guess things were different 1800 years ago!!

I was also going to suggest fish or underwater creatures, but Willa beat me to it.
or how about dinosaurs, historical figures, maps, ships, or the plainest stamp you can find?

I'm busy categorizing my stamp album, so I've got loads of ideas :)

Lisa B said...

Have you had trees/flowers as a theme? What about a particular city as a theme?
Or birth/marriage/death?

Maria said...

Sorry for the late comment on your Sunday Stamps too. I've been busy since Thursday last week but I did my best so as not to miss a Sunday Stamps post on my blog ;)

Thank you for putting up my suggestion about the castle theme. I enjoyed finding the right stamps to share.

I wish you have recovered now from your long trip. Take care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails