Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sunday Stamps # 127

Thunderstorms tracking across the American Midwest! I can hear the rumble outside my window. Other than that, it's a quiet evening here. Time for Sunday Stamps.


This week's theme is anything you wish.  I had a small stack of cards waiting for me when I came back from vacation.  These stamps were on one of the cards, from the Netherlands. (It was a reproduction of a Toulouse Lautrec painting.)

 
On the left, 100 years of a stamp collecting organization (??) and on the right, an older stamp commemorating the 500 years since Christopher Columbus' historic voyage.
 
Our theme next week, by suggestion, is sea creatures.
 
Please join me this week for this open theme.  What have you been wishing to share?
 
Viridian
 
 


7 comments:

Postcardy said...

We had some severe thunderstorms last week--major power outages and downed trees.

Joy said...

Neat combinaton of stamps by your sender. Strangely we have had no summer thunderstorms this year, guess they have decided to visit the US:-)

Little Nell said...

This is timely, as I have a post to mark a certain date and a lovely set of stamps, with a subject dear to my heart. No thunderstorms here!

Maria said...

Manila was under typhoon signal #2 today, let's all keep safe and dry.

Thanks for continuously hosting Sunday Stamps :)

Bob Scotney said...

Two fine commemoratives, especially the Columbus.

Little Nell said...

Thanks to Postcardy for alerting me to my incorrect link. This has been rectified.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I'm too late to join in but blame the jet-lag! I posted a card and stamp from Canada where I did experience a couple of thunderstorms.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails