Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sunday Stamps # 138

If you have been reading my blog, you noted last time that I commented that my blog list disappeared.  Well I am happy to say that was a momentary burp and it is back again.

Cool weather these few days in the American Midwest, so fall is here.  It's Saturday, and time for Sunday Stamps.


Out theme this week is: Se-tenant stamps.  If you are a non-collector (me!), this means two or more stamps where the design flows and connects from one stamp to another.  Here is my contribution for this week:


This stamp came on a Postcrossing postcard all the way from Vladivostok, Russia.  I cannot read the Russian but I am assured that this is Yuri Gagarin, Russian cosmonaut and first man in space.  Also on the card was this stamp:



Of Valentina Tereshkova, first woman to have flown in space (in June 1963). This stamp is for the 50th anniversary of that flight.  Please join me this week!

Theme next week: ethnic or national costumes.
Theme two weeks from now: birds.

Viridian

6 comments:

Postcardy said...

I have never seen anything quite like the first group. The "stamps" with the girls must just be extra pictures because they have no denomination or identification.

Maria said...

Great to see man and women with so much courage to fly into space featured on stamps! :)

Thank you for the early notice on themes for 2 weeks in advance. It's really convenient for me to be able to look for 2-3 themes all at once from my collection.

I notice the 'bird' theme and I hope that was inspired by my last week's contribution on 'anything you wish'-- Oriental Birds. ;-) I've actually scanned birds from non-Asian stamps for the next 'anything you wish' theme but I'm glad that the 'bird' theme is coming up so I don't have to wait too long to share them. :D

Have a great week ahead, Viridian!

agi said...

gagarin is one of the true heroes of new age :) i also thank you for the heads-up on themes and am looking forward to the forthcoming ones..!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I love the Gagarin stamps! He was my childhood hero in the days when I wanted to be an astronaut. :)

VioletSky said...

I do like space related stamps, but have yet to see one with Valentina Tereshkova. Lucky you!

jared's mum said...

that is really quite an interesting stamp. those that tell momentous events in history, in my opinion, are the best stamps...

joining again this week! ^_^

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails