Saturday, April 19, 2014

Sunday Stamps # 167

My this week went by fast! It seems like just a few days ago that I put up my last Sunday Stamps post. I have also been participating in the A to Z challenge over at  my other blog, http://viridian61.blogspot.com/. Over halfway done with the month, and the alphabet!

How has this week been for you? I hope it was a good one.

Our theme this week is zodiacal and zodiac signs on stamps.

I have been wanting to have this theme for some time, and it has been suggested by a reader at least once.  Alas, I did not have any stamps for such a theme until now.  A Postcrossing card recently arrived from Sri Lanka with the following stamp:


Here is the constellation Scorpius.  The stars in the sky behind the outline appear to be in the right positions (I used to watch the stars more than I do now and still remember their positions).

Do you have any zodiac stamps to share this week?

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent  stamp, postcard, and quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Theme next week: of children and for children.
Theme two weeks from now: Stamps from Russia or former communist countries. Does not have to be old stamps issued by those communist governments - can be from recent years.

Viridian



8 comments:

agi said...

thank youor this week's theme, its one of my favourites! the zodiac stamps from sri lanka are tiny arent they...and scorpio is the most dangerous sign ;)

Bob Scotney said...

I shall watch what stamps that get posted this week as you have come up with a theme that I cannot match.
I pleased to see the scorpion on a stamp - now I have to find it in the stars.

agi said...

this is just the 'normal' zodiac, can chinese be included too?

Joy said...

Its interesting that the astrology zodiac is harder to find on stamps than the Chinese one.

Heleen said...

Such an intertesting theme! And - in a reply to Agi - I am happy that Chinese zodiac stamps are shown too!
However, this time I focussed on the astrology signs. Which turned out to be a challenge to find! Fortunately I happened to have received a beautiful one from Sri Lanka, too (which was, very coincidentally as the sender didn't know my date of birth, my own sign)!
Also by your theme I discovered zodiac signs on a Dutch stamp which I never had watched that close until now :-)

P.S. apologies for posting my link twice. The first time I thought something went wrong while posting, so I had a second try. But now I see they have appeared both of them. So you can remove one of these, of course.

Mail Adventures said...

Ooops, I'm afraid I've posted the same stamp as you from Sri Lanka. I didn't have a lot of stamps about this theme...

viridian said...

Chinese zodiac signs are OK to post too!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

The only appropriate stamp I could find was a Chinese zodiac stamp from this year. I don't remember ever seeing any others on any of my received cards so I had to settle for that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails