Saturday, September 6, 2014

Sunday Stamps # 186

A somewhat rainy cloudy day here in the American Midwest.  It's back to school and school schedules for all of us.  I am finding myself exhausted by Friday afternoon!  Today I am recovered enough to put up Sunday Stamps.  Our theme this week is cultural artifacts, especially jewelry.  I was thinking of the stamp below.


I cannot read the details, and the card from South Africa has since been buried, but I believe this is a necklace from one of the native groups in South Africa.

However, feel free to interpret this theme broadly.  I hope you are able to join me this week.  Suggestions for future themes welcome, as I am running out of ideas, after 185 weeks.

Theme next week:  Automobiles and motor transport.
Theme week after that: mammals.

Viridian


4 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

Hi, Viridian,
Thanks for attracting my attention to these stamp of the creator of "La Vache qui rit". I haven't seen it as I was on summer holidays.

By the way, I have received this very stamp from South-Africa. Well, not exactly "received by post": http://mailadventures.blogspot.com/2014/01/mail-adventures-72in-465-postcards-from.html

Joy said...

South Africa produce such interesting stamps.

Bob Scotney said...

The wording on the stamp says Zulu Neckpieces - Iziko Collection. It's much clearer on Hawwa Ma's link.

Beth Niquette said...

I love your blog--I've missed you! Hope you can join us one of these days for PFF. The start of school IS exhausting--my kids are all grown and gone, but I still get tired thinking of school schedules! Have a lovely rest of the week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails