Saturday, September 20, 2014

Sunday Stamps # 188

Welcome friends to Sunday Stamps, a small place on the internet where we share our love for these little pieces of paper, so everyday and yet so interesting.  At least to some people.

The theme this week is mammals.  This is the stamp I had in mind for this week.


I could have set the theme to be elephants, or big mammals :-) but I would like it to be broad enough that you could find a stamp.  This one is from China - the gold letters did not scan so well.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent postcard and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Theme next week:  Anything you wish.
Theme two weeks from now: se-tenant stamps.

I am looking for suggestions for future themes - I am pretty well out of ideas, except for themes already used - often more than once already.  Or, I can have the theme be open every week - would you like that?

Viridian

7 comments:

Joy said...

I like all the lush green of the stamp, looks almost primordial.
I had a look through a list of thematic stamp subjects:
http://www.avionstamps.com/ambrowCart/unique/themes_list.php
and you are are right we had done most of them, apart for the very narrowly specific. I must admit I like a theme and the search to see if I have anything to fit it. Perhaps as a compromise we could have week about, one with a theme then one anything you like.

Unknown said...

I prefer some selected themes, it is very interesting to see what stamps the others have chosen.

I have a lot of ideas, but I don't what themes you have already used. I would like to help you to find some new themes.

I think also it is no problem, when you use the same theme another time. The post do the same. They have not every year new themes, they use always the all times favorites and produce new stamps. So we will also always discover new stamps with an old theme.

What comes to my mind: calligraphy, princesses/queens, exhibition/fair, the oldest stamp in your collection, the day of the stamp, pattern, books/writers, time of exploration, war and peace, fairytales, last stamp in your post, isles, modern art, streets, religious buildings, herbs, housings, special postmarks, hometown/capital, sights, countrylife/harvest, ruins, gold, technical innovations, organisations...

viridian said...

Calantha:
What great ideas for themes, thank you.

Bob Scotney said...

This is the first time I've seen a herd of elephants on a stamp - or is it just a family?

agi said...

love this stamp, needless to say as i love animals but especially in such natural environment. i'd also like themes in the future as searching for fitting stamps is part of the appeal and sort of a mission for the day :)

VioletSky said...

What a neat stamp that includes some of the habitat as well as the elephants.

I also prefer to have a theme - I like the challenge and seeing what everyone else has come up on the same theme.
Calantha has come up with some good ones!!

Mail Adventures said...

Hello Viridian,
I'm not able to participate this week. I was looking at some stamps and I wanted to suggest some themes (not sure they aren't in Calantha's long list):
-black and white stamps
-ships
-furniture/decoration
-butterflies
-houses
-traditional food / fruits
-stamps about... stamps
-children toys
-ecology / preservation of nature
-war and peace
-mushrooms
-flags
-...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails