Sunday, August 6, 2017

Sunday Stamps II 138

This week marks an A to Z progression for the rest of the year (and beyond?) for Sunday Stamps.  Stamps from countries that begin with A, themes that begin with A, and so on. Our fearless leader has led with an Airmail stamp.

I am joining in with a stamp featuring pottery from a Native American pueblo, the Acoma pueblo:


This is from a set from a few years ago.  This is one of my favorite styles of Southwest pottery; I love the black and white patterns that are used.

I will probably check this series again at the end, for (I hope) a Zuni pueblo pot.

Viridian

6 comments:

FinnBadger said...

Beautiful stamp, and a great start to the A-Z. I'm looking forward to your journey towards Zuni!

Bob Scotney said...

I can see where my wife would like to put a pot like that on this elegant stamp.

Heleen said...

Pottery stamps I think rather rare. And I think it good to honour native Americans by stamps, I think they should be issued much more often (but that is my humble opinion).

Thank you for sharing this beautiful stamp!

Joy said...

A beautifully striking design.

violet s said...

It is a mesmerizing design.

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

what a nice design for a pot and stamp :)

http://www.postagejournal.com/sundaystamps103-a-is-for-australia/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails